Neuromuscular Young Talent Symposium
Muscles2Meet 2019 took place on May 24th-25th. The photos can be found via the link below.See the photos of Muscles2Meet 2019
Muscles2Meet is a symposium for all PhD students working on neuromuscular diseases in the Netherlands, to get to know each other and the research field. After the first two successful editions in 2016 and 2017, the symposium has become a biennial event. The next edition will take place in 2021. Muscles2Meet is an initiative of the Prinses Beatrix Spierfonds, in collaboration with Spierziekten Centrum Nederland. The program is made by an organization committee of PhD students.
Muscles2Meet took place on May 24th & 25th at conference centre Woudschoten in Zeist. The official opening for Muscles2Meet on May 24th was once again graced by the presence of Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrix, patroness of the Prinses Beatrix Spierfonds. She attended the opening lecture and had a short meeting with several participants of the meeting.
The program included:
- A keynote lecture by prof. dr. Niels Geijsen about the future of gene editing.
- Parallel sessions about interpreting study results, backtranslation in muscle research, fatigue, and muscle-on-chip technology.
- Two interactive discussion sessions.
- A dinner and informal evening program.
- An overnight stay at Woudschoten.
- Workshops on career development: taking control of your PhD, fair medicine, networking and dealing with pressure.
- A closing lecture by prof. dr. Marianne de Visser on her journey along the neuromuscular trail.
- Date & times: May 24th, ~10.30 a.m. – May 25th ~14.00 p.m.
- Location: Woudschoten conference centre, Zeist
For more information about Muscles2Meet, contact Simone van den Berge at firstname.lastname@example.org
The organizing committee of Muscles2Meet 2019 consisted of:
- Merel Broers, Erasmus MC
- Johan Lim, Amsterdam UMC
- Renee Lustenhouwer, Radboudumc
- Louise Otto, UMC Utrecht
- Mara Tihaya, LUMC
- Simone van den Berge, Prinses Beatrix Spierfonds